Skip to main content

tv   CNN Tonight With Don Lemon  CNN  October 18, 2016 12:00am-1:01am PDT

12:00 am
12:01 am
. melania trump breaks her silence. this is cmn tonight. i'm don lemon. the candidate as wife standing by him in the wake of that lewd, crude tape full of boasting about his own sexually aggressive behavior towards women. melania trump telling anderson cooper this. >> i was not surprised about that when the tape came out. >> why? >> because as i said, this many people from the opposite side that they want to damage the campaign. why now? why after so many years? why three weeks before the election? >> but will voters buy that? and what will it mean for the financial presidential debate, just two days away. let's get to it.
12:02 am
cnn politics executive editor mark preston is here to break it down for us. mark, let's talk about the polls and all of this stuff. there's a whole slew of polls that have come out in the last 48 hours, they tell a pretty clear story. what's the state of this race right now? >> well, don, let's use the polls as the road map for donald trump. quite frankly, for hillary clinton to try to win the nomination. cnn has three polls that have come out today. they are north carolina, nevada and ohio. if you look at these numbers right here, it shows that hillary clinton is up two points in the state of nevada where i stand right now. she is up one point in north carolina, and donald trump is up four points in ohio. now, we know donald trump was talking up the polls today, saying how well he's doing. but it really is a tough road for him ahead. let's take a look at the battleground map right now, the electoral map, to show you how difficult it is for him, don. if you look at this map right now, donald trump would need to winnow high owe, north carolina
12:03 am
and florida, and that still doesn't get him to the 270 electoral votes he would need to get. in order to get to 270, he would either have to pick up the state of virginia, the state of michigan or the state of pennsylvania, all three of those right now hillary clinton is favored as we stand today. or she would have to -- he would have to win the state of nevada where i am right now and the state of wisconsin or the state of colorado. again, two states right now that are in hillary clinton's column. so when donald trump is talking up the polls and he should be happy about what is going on in ohio, it is still a very difficult road for him to get to 270. >> he has been saying this a lot, it is rigged, it is rigged, folks. when he continues to push the narrative, blaming the media and the clintons on conspireing against him, saying there will be widespread voter fraud. there's no evidence of any of this, but his supporters believe him, right? >> they certainly do. i tell you, it is very dangerous rhetoric he is using right now saying it is rigged. the ohio secretary of state, a
12:04 am
republican who is going to vote for him, today on our air talk about how it is not rigged and how election officials are doing their best to make sure there isn't any malfeasance going on. but he continues to say this over and over again. don, by him saying it you have to wonder is he going to depress his own vote or is he riling up his supporters and looking for an excuse if he does lose in november. >> you just wonder if facts matter in this particular -- actually, it doesn't matter to a lot of people, and why they keep continuing to push this. tonight i want you to look at this, this is at a trump rally. this is a wisconsin sheriff, david clark, trying to rev up the crowd with controversial words. here it is. they want you to give up, folks. they want you to say to hell with it, it is fixed and rigged, and it is, but they want you to say, to heel with it, i'm not going to participate. that's what they're hoping for. it is not going to work. it is not going to work.
12:05 am
stay strong, find new voters, get them to the polls. like i said, and i'll continue to say, it is pitchfork and torches time in america! >> pitchfork and torches time, and a lot of the things the sheriff says and if you fact check them they're not true, but it is good red meat. is it dangerous speaking that way? >> well, as a law enforcement official, the fact he says when he says it is rigged, it is, meaning that he himself doesn't have any faith in the electoral system as a law enforcement official that is pretty ex closive stuff. the idea he is trying to get people revved up, we can understand that, they want to try to get their voters to the polls, but to go in with the premise that the election system is absolutely rigged is doing a disservice quite frankly to the people who invest their time, they volunteer to try to get
12:06 am
these polls up and going. so, listen, there are problems out there, we understand that. the fact they had this explosive rhetoric three weeks out is a little concerning. >> you know, i think -- not think, i do agree with my colleagues, jeffrey toobin earlier and drew griffin saying people need to read more and find the facts, because that is just not true what the sheriff is saying and what donald trump is saying. it is just not true. thank you very much. i appreciate that, mark preston. melania trump sat down with anderson cooper and talked about the infamous "access hollywood" tape and what she thought when she heard what her husband said. here is part of that interview. >> it was ten days ago that "access hollywood" released that tape. i'm wondering when you first saw it, when you first heard it, what did you think? >> i said to my husband that, you know, the language is inappropriate, it is not acceptable, and i was surprised
12:07 am
because that is not the man that i know. and as you can see from the tape, the cameras were not on, it was only a mike, and i wonder if they even knew that the mike was on because they were kind of boy talk, and he was lead on like egg on from the host to say dirty and bad stuff. >> you feel the host, billy bush, was sort of egging him on? >> yes, yes. >> is that language you had heard him use before? >> no, no. that's why i was surprised, because i said like i don't know that person that would talk that way. and that he would say that kind of stuff in private. i heard many different stuff, boys talk. the boys, the way they talk when
12:08 am
they grow up and they want to sometimes show each other, oh, this and that and talking about the girls. but, yeah, i was surprised of course. but i was not surprised that the tape came out. i was not surprised about that. >> why? >> because, as i said, this many people from the opposite side, that they want to damage the campaign. and why now? why after so many years, why three weeks before the election? >> your husband has said maybe that he felt the clintons had something to do with it or the media. what do you think? >> well, it was the media. it was nbc, it was "access hollywood," it was left wing, left wing media. and you could see that. and the way it comes out is everything was organized, every
12:09 am
friday, every friday something comes out. so they play, they play, they play. and it was hour after hour. i watched tv, it was hour after hour bashing him because they want to influence the american people how to vote, and they're influencing in the wrong way. >> the information about your husband's 1995 taxes were released right before the debate, first debate, then this came out just days before the second debate. you're saying that's not a coincidence? >> no, that was all organized, yes. they plan that way because they don't want to talk -- the opposition doesn't want to talk about wikileaks and the e-mails and benghazi and all of the rest of the stuff. they don't want to talk about it, so they -- they said, let's do something so we will hurt his campaign. >> "the washington post" leaked the tape and they released the tape.
12:10 am
nbc had it for -- they said they had it for several days and they were reviewing it. but you believe that it was -- that nbc -- yes. it was meant
12:11 am
12:12 am
12:13 am
test. test test. test. test test. test. test test. test. test test. test. test test. test. test test. test. test test. test. test test
12:14 am
i'm only in my 60's. i've got a nice long life ahead.
12:15 am
big plans. so when i found out medicare doesn't pay all my medical expenses, i got a medicare supplement insurance plan. [ male announcer ] if you're eligible for medicare, you may know it only covers about 80% of your part b medical expenses. the rest is up to you. call now and find out about an aarp medicare supplement insurance plan, insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company. like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans, it could save you in out-of-pocket medical costs. call now to request your free decision guide. i've been with my doctor for 12 years. now i know i'll be able to stick with him. [ male announcer ] you'll be able to visit any doctor or hospital that accepts medicare patients. plus, there are no networks, and virtually no referrals needed. see why millions of people have already enrolled in the only medicare supplement insurance plans endorsed by aarp.
12:16 am
12:17 am
. melania trump says she told her husband his language on the "access hollywood" tape was unacceptable but defends him against allegations of sexual predatory behavior. even when the first lady blasts his actions. i want you to listen to more of melania trump's interview with anderson cooper. >> michelle obama of whom you have spoken positively in the past, she said last week of what your husband said on the tape, this was not just a lewd conversation, it wasn't locker room banter. this was a powerful individual speaking freely and openly about sexually predatory behavior and actually bragging about kissing and groping women. in terms of what he actually said on the tape, not saying he did it, but what he said, the behavior he described, to you is that sexual assault? >> no, that's not sexual assault. he didn't say he did it. i see many, many women coming to
12:18 am
him and giving a phone numbers, and, you know, want to work for him or inappropriate stuff from women. and they know he's married. >> you've seen that? >> oh, yes, of course. it was in front of me. >> in front of you? >> in front of me. and i said like why -- why to give your number to my husband? i'm very strong. people didn't really know me. people think and talk about me, the -- like, oh, melania, oh, poor melania. don't feel sorry for me. don't feel sorry for me. i can handle everything. and for this, for people talking like that, i see in the press a lot, almost like celebrities or people, they think they're celebrities.
12:19 am
i would suggest to them to look themselves in the mirror and to look at their actions and to take care of their own families. in terms of what michelle obama was saying, she was saying essentially any unwanted advance toward a woman, kissing a woman, touching a woman without consent, that is sexual assault, that's the definition. >> yes, i agree with that. but every assault should be taken care of in court of law. and to accuse, no matter who it is, a man or a woman, without evidence, it's damaging and it's unfair. she went on to say, michelle obama, she talked about that feeling of terror and violation that too many women have felt when someone has grabbed them or forced himself on them and they've said no but he didn't listen. >> who didn't listen? my husband didn't do anything.
12:20 am
>> no, i think shelves ju was j talking in general about -- >> oh, i'm not surprised. i'm not surprised. she should also look at the people who supported her, what they're doing. so i'm not surprised she said that. >> i know you want your voice to be heard on this. so a number of women have come forward and made allegations against your husband. some of them go back more than 30 years. he's said they're lying. do you believe him? >> i believe my husband. i believe my husband. this was all organized from the opposition. and with the details that they got, details by grounds of these women, they don't have any facts. and even the story that came out in "people" magazine, the writer, that she said my husband took her to the room and started kissing her, she wrote in the
12:21 am
same story about me, that she saw me on fifth avenue and i said to her, natasha, how come we don't see you anymore. i was never friends with her. i would not recognize her. >> that never happened? >> never happened. that's why i sent them the letter, because it discredited the story. >> your lawyer has sent a letter to "people" magazine saying they have to retract? >> yes, because it was not true. so how we could -- how we could believe her? that never happened. i was never friends with her. i saw her, she interviewed twice, she came to the wedding and for that story. that is it. i would not recognize her on the street or ask her why we don't see her anymore. so that was another thing like, you know, people come out saying lies and not true stuff.
12:22 am
>> in defending himself, and your husband has again categorically said these allegations are all false. >> yes. >> he's made some comments about the way some of the women who are accusing him look. what do you think about that? >> well, that's him. he's raw. he will say it as he feels it. so, you know, i know he respect women, but he's defending himself because they're lies. >> right now the latest polls show i think more than 60% of people believe your husband made some sort of unwanted advances. what do you want those people to know? what would you say to them? >> that my husband is kind and he's a gentleman and he would never do that, that everything was organized and put together to hurt him, to hurt his candidacy. >> organized by --
12:23 am
>> the opposition, yes. >> the media, clintons? >> media, clintons, yes. >> you think they're working together? >> yes, of course. when we come back, the trump campaign hoping that melania's interview will change the conversation from that tape and all those allegations. will it work? "yeah mom, the new kitchen's great. hey! if you want somethig to cook faster,
12:24 am
12:25 am
you just double the heat--right?" "no reason." "hey mom, for laundry, the maximum load is just a suggestion--right?" "oh--that makes sense." "ummm--mom, how do i monitor my credit?" "ok. thanks mom." "that was easy." "sign up for credit karma's free credit monitoring today.
12:26 am
12:27 am
melania trump defending her husband, in an interview with anderson cooper today. we played a lot of it. here to discuss is bet any mccoy. hill area rosen,. welcome to those coming back and thank you for joining us. hill are hilary, this is first time melania trump has spoken out since the tape, since the allegations. did she do what she needed to do to help her husband? >> i thought she was lovely. but -- and i thought he was credible, but, you know, i think that this now being more than a
12:28 am
week later, i think it is kind of too late. this issue is really baked in in voters' minds. there have been too many women, too much conversation, too many words in donald trump's own voice around these issues. so i just don't really think it is going to matter much. but i think it probably gives some comfort to his supporters, but i don't think it grows -- i don't think it grows his vote, which is really what he needs to be doing. >> betsy, you were disagreeing when you said it is baked in because the polls show 64% of likely voters -- >> exactly, it is not baked in. >> the tape made no difference to them. >> it is not baked in, if you look at the polls including gallup and pew poll that asks what is most important, the most important issue to women voters is the economy. no matter how many times you play the tape, they're listening to the candidates and saying, who is going to improve my take-home pay? who is going to give me job security? they are responding to donald
12:29 am
trump's message when he can get it out. >> that's most important to all voters. >> of course. >> but it doesn't mean it is the only one. >> right. >> all of the polls show that donald trump is losing women. the pew poll in florida shows donald trump down by 15, 51-39. cbs shows trump is down 51-36 in battleground states. it is a problem for donald trump. he is losing women. trump himself acknowledged it in one of his tweet storms yesterday that he is losing women. according to him it is because of made-up allegations, but even he acknowledges he is losing women. women could be the deciders in this election. women have voted overwhelmingly more than men since 1984. they voted for republicans usually except for two elections since 1976. so the fact that donald trump has a women problem with votes this large is considerable, particularly in battleground states. >> before we get to gina, hill ar ary you were saying and you got cut off? >> i was saying i think it is
12:30 am
baked in to the extent that people who care about this issue a lot have decided how they feel about donald trump. betsy said people who don't care about it aren't going to be persuaded one way or another. but let's be clear about the women's vote. women obviously are the majority of all voters. mitt romney won non-college educated women by over 20 points over barack obama. hilary clinton is about tied right now with donald trump. >> right, 40-40. >> and she is ahead with college educated women, which means overall ahead. >> yeah. >> so if donald trump can't make it up in non-college educated white women, there's no way he can catch up. that's absolutely right. so he's lost a natural constituency here, and there's really -- >> gina -- >> the way people feel about this, how he gets it back is beyond me. >> but, gina, he seems to be digging himself in even more because melania trump says the remarks caught on tape, it is
12:31 am
not the man that she knows, but at the same time her time is out on the campaign trail saying that he wouldn't touch these women based on their looks. isn't he digging a bigger hole for himself? >> i've heard mr. trump today talking about other things, and i'm grad he's on the campaign trail as opposed to hillary clinton who is not. he is winning with married women, for example. the "l.a. times" daily tracking poll has him up again. >> stand by. hold on, hold on. hang on. gina, i will let you pivot, but answer my question directly. >> not pivoting. >> he is not digging himself a bigger hole by responding to women saying these women are not attractive, look at her, she would not be my first choice. >> no. i'm glad mr. trump is answering these allegations as opposed to hilary clinton who isn't answering any of the allegations. she's not even calling down her own campaign workers who said they're using union members, they use homeless people. they have guys in their back
12:32 am
pockets. these are major demographics of hers i would think she would want to be out there defending. i would think these allegations against her would be hurting her far worse. these are proven, these are on tape, these are in e-mails. the allegations against mr. trump are not proven, and so i'm glad that he's standing up and saying, hey, this is not true. for supporters of both candidates, i hope that they will answer all of the questions asked, but especially the ones actually proven like those against hillary. >> quickly, betsy. >> i want to point out that married women are supporting trump for two reasons. first of all, in general they agree with more traditional values. secondly, they hear the constant rhetoric that when a woman charges a man with some sort of sexually-related crime, the woman is always to be believed, but married women understand, they not only are mothers with daughters and granddaughters, they also have sons and husbands
12:33 am
and fathers, and they don't like the idea that in our society now on college campuses, in the workplace, increasingly everywhere, men are not to be believed. the burden of proof is always on the man when, in fact, in a fair society anyone is innocent until proven guilty whether they're a man or a woman. >> sounds like she is sayic it is a rigged system when it comes to that. >> i think it is. >> well, there are -- there are arguments -- >> you go for it. >> yeah, there are arguments to be made about whether men are treated fairly in certain environments, but i think it is a really weak argument at this point considering that trump supporters are trying to say we should believe the accusers against bill clinton. so you can't have it both ways. either sexual assault victims are to be believed or they're not. >> depends on what the facts -- >> well, in the case -- in the case of donald trump, donald trump has come forward and boasted, that's what we saw on the tapes, he boasted about what he likes to do to women. then you have women who came out, now we're up to 10 or 11.
12:34 am
>> who came out -- because the "new york times" woman, it's been dismissed. it is one person against another. there's no proof that assault ever happened. >> always one person against another. >> there is. >> donald trump, unlike others, has bragged about this more than once apparently. >> bragging doesn't mean you're a criminal. >> and that he has done it. >> and he has apologized, which is more than hillary has done for the things her own people have done. >> you either believe them ought or not any of them. what i'm saying is -- >> they're looking at their sons, their husbands. >> yes. >> and seeing them unfairly accused. >> do you really think that donald trump is playing the victim? i'm sorry, but donald trump is not playing the victim. >> i'm saying in our society -- >> betsy, you know what -- >> hillary. >> that is such a week argument, that donald trump -- >> do you remember the salem witch trials?
12:35 am
it is in every -- >> oh, now, the salem witch trials. this is assisinine. >> these are fundamentalal issues in our society. >> i want hilary rosen to weigh in. >> i will say shouting over people doesn't make you right zblur 'so right. >> and it doesn't change facts. >> there are no facts, that's the problem. >> we can -- i would agree with you. that's why we have -- >> let hilary finish her statement on of. >> on the videotape regarding hillary, there's no proof -- >> go ahead. hilary clinton has never been charged with sexually assaulting anyone. but go ahead. >> the more hysterical trump surrogates are around this stuff the less convincing it is. donald trump's own words, like this isn't about accusations about other women. just play the tapes over and
12:36 am
over again. it is his own words. it is his own attitude. that is what women are hearing in their heads. >> so that's why -- >> right after the break. i have to get to a break. we'll continue after this. we'll be right back. ♪ approaching medicare eligibility? you may think you can put off checking out your medicare options until you're sixty-five, but now is a good time to get the ball rolling. keep in mind, medicare only covers about eighty percent
12:37 am
of part b medical costs. the rest is up to you. that's where aarp medicare supplement insurance plans insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company come in. like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans, they could help pay some of what medicare doesn't, saving you in out-of-pocket medical costs. you've learned that taking informed steps along the way really makes a difference later. that's what it means to go long™. call now and request this free decision guide. it's full of information on medicare and the range of aarp medicare supplement plans to choose from based on your needs and budget. all plans like these let you choose any doctor or hospital that accepts medicare patients, and there are no network restrictions. unitedhealthcare insurance company has over thirty years experience and the commitment to roll along with you, keeping you on course. so call now and discover how an
12:38 am
aarp medicare supplement plan could go long™ for you. these are the only medicare supplement insurance plans endorsed by aarp, an organization serving the needs of people 50 and over for generations. plus, nine out of ten plan members surveyed say they would recommend their plan to a friend. remember, medicare doesn't cover everything. the rest is up to you. call now, request your free decision guide and start gathering the information you need to help you keep rolling with confidence. go long™. ♪
12:39 am
12:40 am
all right. back now with my panel. i know we have a delay for some of the guests who are not in studio, so please try not to talk over each other. i want you guys to have a robust conversation. i will interject as little as possible but try not to talk over each other. tara, let's pick up where we left off. as a republican who doesn't support donald trump, what do you make of melania saying the leaked tax return, the timing of the tape's release is part of a coordinated left wing media conspiracy? >> i think it is part of what she is supposed to say, right? all of that may be true, and you could say the same thing about the wikileaks, that it is a coordinated attack against hilary clinton. that's why they call them october surprises. this is what happens in october. this is the final stretch of the campaign, this is really not abnormal. maybe the amount of what we're seeing and just how unbelievable a lot of it is, but the october
12:41 am
surprise is usual politics. something else melania said that bothered me is when she kept trying to cast aside what donald trump said on the "access hollywood" tape as boy talk. he was a 59-year-old grown man and somehow he was egged on by billy bush. now billy bush is the scapegoat. i mean donald trump is incapable of ever taking responsibility for his own actions. >> what about the idea -- tara, what about the idea it is honorable for melania trump to come out and stand by hi man, but it is dishonorable for hilary clinton to do the same thing, is there hypocrisy? >> absolutely. a lot of us went after bill clinton just fliably for his transgressions and criticized hillary for a certain degree, but her approval rating went up 20 plus percent during the scandal. attacking the wives doesn't work
tv-commercial
12:42 am
because people feel sympathy for the wife because she didn't do it. why donald trump is using this strategy is using this doesn't work. to say what is going on with donald trump, it shouldn't be believed. >> here is what melania talked about with the egging on. >> i better use some tick tacks in case i start kissing her. i'm automatically attract to beautiful, i start kissing them. it is a magnet. when you're a star, they'll let you do it. you can do anything. >> whatever you want. >> grab them by the pussy. >> betsy, was billy bush egging him on? >> no. but here is the point. when you're married to someone you are supposed to see them through rose colored glasses. that's why they don't put wives on juries when their husbands
12:43 am
are accused of a crime because spouses and lovers are supposed to view their partner in a favorable way. >> use them as a campaign -- >> no, i think she did it because she wanted -- she pointed out something in her interview. >> hold on then. if you're saying -- with resupposwe supposed to believe her or not? >> we're supposed to believe her as a character witness for her husband. >> but you wouldn't put her on the jury, pass a character witness on the stand -- >> i'm going to say something. >> look, i'm sorry, but -- >> she is married to a billionaire, do you think she is going to come out -- what is she supposed to do? of course she is going to support her husband. is she going to say, i've had enough, i'm walking away? >> let's be honest here. >> if a wife doesn't say loving things about her husband, the marriage is over. >> if he is a serial groper -- >> hilary and then gina. go ahead, hilary. >> first of all, i agree with
12:44 am
tara, blaming this on billy bush is just immature of the trump family to take this on. you know, this guy is getting fired for his job but donald trump still gets to run for president. >> it is interesting that there's a higher standard to be the third hour host of ""the today show"" than for -- >> isn't it? >> melania said something else when anderson said if it was legitimate to go after bill clinton. she said, they've gone after my past. you know, with the pictures of the modelling and the like. it is very important for the record that people not -- that that be fact checked because hilary clinton's campaign never went after melania trump. hillary clinton wouldn't go after melania trump. she has been the spouse of a political candidate and she knows better, and for character reasons wouldn't do that. it was the republicans in the primary that went after melania trump. so this idea that all holds barred, anything is fair game because that's what the clinton campaign is doing is just
12:45 am
nonsense. >> gina. >> you know, they're justifying this over and over again with no basis. >> there's a key difference here between words and actions. >> yes. >> what mr. trump did was words. he has apologized. i didn't like it either. melania didn't like it. we can all agree, we didn't like it. america has moved on. most americans don't care about it. what they care about is the fact mrs. clinton has taken hundreds of millions of dollars from governments that oppress and stone women to death. where is defense of that? they throw guys off of billions. >> you mean the clinton foundation, not the hilary clinton. >> what are you talking about? none of that is true. nothing you are saying is true. >> it is 100% true. >> show me. >> it is 100% true. >> nobody has opposed -- no, no, you need to understand. >> hold on. one at a tiemt time. one at a time. gina, let hilary make her point and i will let -- >> that oppress women, that oppress guys and lesbians than
12:46 am
hik. noke was tougher as secretary of state in history on countries that attacked women. >> look at the money, hundreds of millions of dollars from saudi arabia, from qatar. >> you can't trace anything from the foundation to hillary as secretary of state. >> abuse women royally and there's proof. all you are talking about with donald trump is words. >> no. >> the actual proof -- >> it is nonsense. >> the tape recording of her saying that a little 12-year-old girl brought a rape on herself, that's one thing. then we're looking at the money she has taken from governments -- >> she did not do that. >> -- that abuse and stone women to death. >> that's not what happened. you should read the fact check on that. >> what you're saying doesn't make sense. >> i'm not going to defend hilary clinton on that, but you're right, don, that's not exactly what happened. first of all, that's like 30 years ago or 40 years ago. so how come it is okay to bring up what -- >> and -- >> but it is okay to bring up
12:47 am
what donald trump -- >> but, tara, it has become a talking point on the right about hilary clinton and that case. >> right. >> if you read the fact check, none of what they're asserting is true. yes, it is hilary clinton on the tape. she does laugh, but is not laughing at the victim. >> she is laughing at the case. >> but get off -- >> this is the problem. donald trump is not prosecuting this case very well against hilary clinton. instead, what he is doing is he's going off on this tit for tat, i have to defend myself in a national enquire fashion. most women care about the economy. >> what will betsy mccoy say after the great. we will be right back.
12:48 am
m
12:49 am
12:50 am
12:51 am
. back with me now. as you can see they were arguing through the break. i'm back now with my panel. what will betsy mccaughey say after the break? your point was? >> one of the most important things melania trump said in the interview is she is asking for her husband to be given the same right to fact checking, to due
12:52 am
process as anybody else accused of a crime like sexual assault would be. when jessica leeds went to the "new york times" complaining that on a flight seated next to donald trump he groped her so horrivically even the man across the aisle was bug eyed at the assault, the "new york times" printed the story despite being warned by donald trump it was untrue, printed the story without being able to ascertain the flight, the year that it occurred, whether mr. trump -- >> what is the point? >> whether they were even on a flight together. two days later a man came forward and said, i was the man across the aisle, and what i witnessed was exactly the opposite of what mrs. leeds. >> that man was discredited. >> it wasn't no, sir. >> he has no corroborating evidence. >> but at this point -- let me
12:53 am
finish. >> there is -- >> hold on, let her finish. >> it is just he said, she said. i would ask the "new york times" or any media outlet before they smear something on the front page -- >> there's nine people. >> -- that they have some evidence, one iota. >> betsy you're filibustering now. go ahead, gina. >> it is worth pointing out. >> where is the evidence, don. >> there were two people -- >> this is where the foyette information is. that her own high level staffer tried to bribe the fbi. when you look at wikileaks e-mails which she has not denied or is not addressing them. >> you are a robot of right wing talking points. >> gina, we're not talking about that right now. >> when america has moved on from this -- >> rat-a-tat-tat. >> when we're not asking hillary -- >> donald trump hasn't --
12:54 am
>> with her own campaign -- >> the surrogates are defending the candidate. >> donald trump has not moved on. he continues to bring it up. he brought it up again today at a ral ooechlt he brought it up yesterday. he tweeted about it. he is the one keeping it out there because he wants to put out this story that it is a rigged election. >> -- stay focused on. >> gina, if he didn't talk about it, then we would say donald trump held a rally today and talked about this. >> that's true. but the media has covered this story, again, with zero facts four-to-one, four-to-one over the amount of time they've given the scandals -- >> you know why we're not talking about it right now, if donald trump acted like an adult candidate he wouldn't have to blame everybody else about his problems and why he is losing in the polls. all day long -- >> we've all know from the beginning -- he also doesn't collude with government agencies. >> we don't know that. >> that's a false equivalency
12:55 am
and there's not parity in the two stories. one is about allegations of sexual assault against women, which is, you know, eye popping for most people. the other is about how -- >> corrupt government. >> how government runs. both of them deserve to be covered but they're not going to be -- >> sorry. >> whoa, whoa, corruption is not how government runs. fe lone ya bribes to the fbi is not -- >> i didn't say it was right, just talking about the process. >> i agree. >> that's why donald trump ran as an outsider to come in and take on the establishment and the elite who have acted this way and disregarded we, the people, forever. i would submit to you, don, most women out there are so much more concerned with having a candidate who is going to be honest and who is going to break up the washington cartel. >> hilary, i've got 20 seconds. i know a lot of women are concerned about sexual assault as well. i'll give you the last 20 seconds. >> here is a basic point. gina has just been a font of right wing talking points
12:56 am
tonight. it is hurting my ears it is so crazy. here is the issue, which is -- and i have been on tv three times today talking about hilary clinton's wikileaks. so it has been covered all day long. the reason we are still on these issues -- >> but where is hillary? >> -- is because donald trump himself -- stop it. donald trump himself all day long cannot stop being a victim. >> okay. i got to go. >> he was out there talking about the economy, talking about other things. >> thank you. i got to go, hilary. every night, everyone, i get a front row seat. can you believe it? 21 days. >> good night, mr. lemon. >> good night, mr. lemon. >> good night. -- captions by vitac -- www.vitac.com
12:57 am
parts a and b and want more coverage, guess what? you could apply for a medicare supplement insurance plan whenever you want. no enrollment window. no waiting to apply. that means now may be a great time to shop for an aarp medicare supplement insurance plan, insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company. medicare doesn't cover everything. and like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans,
12:58 am
these help cover some of what medicare doesn't pay. so don't wait. call now to request your free decision guide. it could help you find the aarp medicare supplement plan that works for you. these types of plans have no networks, so you get to choose any doctor who accepts medicare patients. rates are competitive, and they're the only plans of their kind endorsed by aarp. remember - these plans let you apply all year round. so call today. because now's the perfect time to learn more. go long.
12:59 am
1:00 am
. i believe my husband. i believe my husband. >> melania trump breaking her silence. calling sexual accusations against her lied. and to declassify an e-mail sent to hillary clinton. newly released documents have donald trump calling for a top state department official to be fired. the battle to recapture mosul from isis ahead of schedule. military officials cautioning. we will tell you in a live

29 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on